Ryman Auditorium launched a new online store today that will improve the shopping experience for their virtual retail customers around the globe 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Fans of the famed Nashville venue will now be able to purchase Ryman collectables, t-shirts, Hatch Show Prints, iconic images from the Gillingham Collection, seat cushions and more. The new online store offers consumers an easier shopping experience than the previous online store and offers a wider variety of products. For the first time ever, customers will also be able to set up virtual “wish lists” to share with their family and friends.
Click the photo to purchase the Ryman iPhone case now.
One of the most exciting new products launching with the store is the iPhone case made by Nashville-based Griffin Technology, Inc for iPhone 4 and 4s. The sturdy plastic cover shows the Ryman as artists see it — looking out from the stage over the historic pews with the shimmering, iconic stained glass windows in the back. The case retails for $29.99. The initial limited edition run of iPhone cases will be exclusive to the online store. “Both companies the Ryman and Griffin — are full of music lovers, and we were excited to work together to bring this product to fans,” said Sally Williams, Ryman General Manager. “Having the Ryman on your iPhone case allows you to put the Mother Church in your pocket and keep it with you at all times.”
The perfect companion to the Ryman iPhone case is the Ryman mobile app available in the iTunes store!
Hosted by acclaimed hit songwriter Craig Wiseman, this concert features an unplugged acoustic style performance by some of country music’s brightest songwriters and a special performance by one of country biggest stars, more guests to be announced at a later date. Sponsored by O’Charley’s, this not-to-be missed evening helps to raise awareness of hunger issues in Tennessee. The event will take place on Tuesday, June 5 with tickets going on sale Saturday, March 31 at 10:00 a.m. Tickets will be available at the Ryman box office, all Ticketmaster outlets and via ticketmaster.com or by clicking here.
In the last seven years, this event has raised $446,032 to feed the hungry in Middle Tennessee. Because each dollar provides four meals, the funds raised from the concert provided Second Harvest with the funds to supply 1,784,128 meals. “This is the night that Music Row gives back to help feed our hungry neighbors,” said Jaynee Day, president and CEO of Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee. “It is a show that I wouldn’t want to miss and we are encouraging all of our supporters and country music fans to attend and help raise our voices to fight hunger.”
This is the 8th year for Craig Wiseman to host the show for Second Harvest Food Bank at the Ryman Auditorium and the first year to host the event during CMA Fest.
“I think the tens of thousands of country music fans that will be here that week will absolutely love being let in on our private party that benefits one of the best charities in the country. With previous years having everyone from Keith Urban and Jon Bon Jovi to Ronnie Dunn and Tim McGraw along with so many big hit songwriters playing their songs and telling the stories, our move to this week when all of the stars are in town promises to be the biggest and most star studded show we have ever done! We expect to sell out as word gets out to all of those country music fans looking for a way to kick off their first night in town with one of the coolest guitar pulls ever!” says Wiseman.
Photos (c) Steve Lowry/Ryman Archives
Manage all aspects of the daily operation of the Ryman Museum and Tours including staff supervision & development, customer service, exhibit maintenance & program fulfillment. Work with Grand Ole Opry Group Curator on developing new exhibits and programs
- Staff Supervision/Development
- Recruit, interview, hire and train new staff in conjunction with Corporate HR
- Create monthly schedules for museum staff ensuring appropriate levels of staffing based on forecasted attendance; coordinate time off requests; monitor average hours audits; ensure appropriate breaks during work shifts
- Provide daily supervision of museum staff including coaching, conflict resolution and discipline when needed
- Conduct annual reviews of museum employees
- Actively work with museum staff on content delivered to patrons during all tours and museum programs to ensure accuracy of information and quality of presentation including initial training/orientation, periodic group retraining and regular on-the-job coaching
- Ensure that SSTs are kept up-to-date and are adhered to by museum staff
- Museum Operation
- Ensure that museum opens on time and that all museum programs (tours, photos, make-a-record, etc) are conducted as scheduled
- Ensure that all components of the museum are operating properly on a daily basis (including but not limited to videos, audio tour, photo concession, make-a-record booth), working with Facility Manager, maintenance department and daytime housekeepers on any issues
- Ensure that all supplies needed for museum operation are in-stock, working within approved budgets to reorder as necessary
- Work with marketing department on museum brochures, ensuring accurate content and appropriate inventory levels
- Develop methods to ensure customer satisfaction surveys are completed
- Exhibits & Programs
- Work with Grand Ole Opry Group curator to ensure that exhibits are maintained to the highest degree of qualityWork with Grand Ole Opry Group curator on creation and installation of new exhibits
- Develop and implement new programs to enhance museum experience and grow revenue
- Develop, oversee and conduct specialty tours including but not limited to educational tours, VIP tours, FAM tours and Media tours
- Continuously research the history of the Ryman and apply knowledge to museum products
- Customer Service – Provide flawless service to all customers Serve as first point of escalation to address any guest concerns
- Model and train staff on Service Basics, providing coaching and feedback as necessary
- Provide Ryman management with feedback regarding customer comments and experiences
- Communication & Collaboration with Internal & External Partners Communicate operational details (schedule changes, traffic detours, etc) to internal (Ryman Box Office, M&E Sales, Hotel Transportation, etc) and external (Grayline, destination management companies, NCVB, etc) partners as necessary
- Work with Grayline and other tour companies to ensure that they are supporting our goal of providing the best experience possible for Ryman visitors (accurate information on tours, enough time in the building, etc)
- Work with internal group sales teams to ensure that we are meeting the needs of groups visiting the museum
- Complete museum staff payroll on a weekly bases
- Ensure all daily reports are accurate and distributed to the correct personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: College degree in related field or equivalent additional experience
- Experience: 3+ years staff supervision/administration experience
- Experience working with a museum or other entertainment/tourist attraction strongly preferred
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills with high attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Technical skills: o Proficiency with Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
- Familiarity with Ryman/Opry/Country Music history helpful
Gaylord Entertainment offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits and compensation package. Gaylord promotes a Drug-Free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This Gaylord Entertainment facility is smoke free.
To apply, please visit http://www.gaylordcareers.com and search for “Ryman”.
Nashville’s own Hot Chelle Rae is set to open for The Script at the Ryman on Sept. 9. Tickets are still available by clicking here.
USA Today declared their song “Tonight, Tonight” one of the “summer’s catchiest pop-rock anthems” and we agree. Check out the video below and come see them make their Ryman debut Sept. 9!