It’s that time of year again — we’re on the hunt for our next intern! Please note the opportunity is for Spring 2012 internship to begin in January.
PR/Marketing interns should be actively enrolled in a university public relations, marketing, music business, communications, advertising or related program. The individual must possess an understanding of basic media relations skills, have the ability to undertake research and public relations writing assignments, and have the ability to interact professional with media and celebrities. Good judgement along with discretion is vital.
· Administrative duties such as filing, copying, faxing, phone duties, and running errands.
· Drafting basic marketing and public relations materials including news releases, media alerts, fax sheets, and web copy.
· Maintenance of HatchShow print library, digital asset media library, and responsible for logging in new items and tracking items.
· Researches special projects including historical items.
· Carries out media activities (photo shoots, video shoots, red carpets, and press tours) and arrangements as outlined by department staff.
· Participates in meetings and brainstorming sessions.
· Perform street-team related tasks including, but not limited to, hanging posters, distributing flyers, etc.
· Education: Working toward Bachelor’s degree in related field (Music Business, Liberal Arts, Business and/or Communications.)
· Experience: Previous experience in promotions, event planning, publicity, band management or PR is a plus. Qualified candidates must have experience with MS Word, Excel. Basic accounting skills preferred. Excellent writing skills and research skills are vital. A writing sample will be required. Must have reliable transportation.
This position is unpaid and for college credit only.
To apply please email your resume and a writing sample to ldupont (at) ryman (dot) com and apply via our online tool here (job #143272.)